Hachigamine Park is one of the most popular parks in Iwakuni, and for good reason! Check out our guide for all it has to offer!
You can spend days discovering all that Hachigamine has to offer! In fact, it took us a few trips to realize the potential that it had, and we still have more to explore! The kids get so excited when we say we are going to Hachigamine that they yell, “DINOSAUR PARK! DINOSAUR PARK!” I love hearing Royce ask to to Hachigamine – mostly because I’m impressed he pronounces it so well!
You can literally go multiple days in a week and spend time in different parts of the park on each day.
Here are a few of the different areas of Hachigamine:
Animal feeding/viewing area
- There are peacocks, monkeys, horses, songbirds and rabbits to see.
- The baby rabbits each year are especially cute!
- This park is really unique, even for Japan. There is a climbing wall, rope obstacles, a super steep slide, a metal tower with spiral stairs and a slide…and an airplane, ponies (they bite!) and more!
THE BIG ONE Roller Slide
- This is the longest roller slide we have found yet! It’s over 800 feet long, and is also the fastest roller slide we’ve ridden.
- You rent a cardboard/fabric mat from the main building, and pay ¥300 for three rides…or you can bring your own snow sled and ride for free!
PRO TIP: find the thickest, newest mat you can – the slide is long enough that things can get hot, especially if you’re wearing thin clothing.
Watch the Japanese play baseball
- The large sports field has lots of games in the summer!
Explore the obstacle course
- Pay ¥300, and you can go through the course once. Something we still have yet to do!
- Toddlers can safely drive for the first time! It’s ¥100 for about a minute of driving, but the cars are easy to drive and have large bumpers to keep things safe.
Ride the train
Ride the ferris wheel
- Excellent views!
- Enjoy setting up for just the day if you want.
- Area to grill and many picnic tables!
Other fun attractions
- See the dinosaurs (watch out, a couple of them roar!)
- View the rose garden when it’s in season (early May)
Today we took a picnic and hung out by the dinosaurs, then took a stroll through the rose garden. It was lovely…until Royce fell into the rose bush! We spent about two hours there, and the kids got a nap in on our way home! It takes us about 20 mins to get there from where we live in Iwakuni.
Hachigamine Park Location:
- This park has so much to do and see!
- There are vending machines to get snacks!
- There are bathrooms throughout the park so your never too far from one.
- Great for all ages!
- This is the longest roller slide we have been on!
- Not too far from Iwakuni.
- The top of the slide and ferris wheel have some great views!
- Everything is so spread out that you want to stick together especially when you have young kids.
- The price to ride the ferris wheel, train and the slide (x3) is 300 Yen which is pretty expensive when its per person.
- The animals on display look pretty depressed.
9/10 Fun for days!